I don’t know about you, but at least in my household with twin toddlers and trying to get out the door each morning, breakfast needs to be relatively quick and easy. This recipe is superb if you need an on the go breakfast or mid morning snack that will keep you going through the day.
• ½ cup of rolled oats
• 3 Tbsp chia seeds
• 1 Tbsp desiccated coconut
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
• 1 ½ cups of milk of your choice (I like to use either oat milk or coconut cream mixed with water)
• Toppings – fresh or frozen berries, chopped nuts, seeds, cacao nibs
1.Mix all the dry ingredients together in a glass bowl.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix well, ensuring that no chia seeds are left sticking to the sides of the bowl.
3. Revisit a couple of times to mix again (after 5 and 10 minutes) then leave in the refrigerator overnight to thicken or move into smaller breakfast/snack portioned jars.
4. If portioned, add the berries and nuts on top for an instantly accessible snack or breakfast.