I’ve been feeling a little on the slow side after a long Swedish winter so I have been putting myself through a gentle detox to help put the spring back in my step. This tasty salad is fantastically balanced as a stand alone meal or as a side dish on the family table.
- 1 large zucchini (as straight as possible)
- 1 large carrot (as straight as possible)
- 1-2 cups of mixed salad leaves
- 1 small box of chickpeas (rinse well)
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- Fresh herbs finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a large salad bowl
- Spiralize both the zucchini and the carrot and add to the salad bowl (if you don’t have a spiraliser, you can use a peeler to shave ribbons or a julienne peeler to make long thin vegetable strips).
- Rinse the chickpeas and add to the salad bowl along with the chopped spring onions and mixed leaves.
- Mix well and serve as a side or as a stand alone meal.