These lovelies are packed full of goodness: almonds, chia seeds, raw cacao, raw sprouted protein powder, sesame seeds, coconut oil and more… Chia seeds are one of the richest plant-based sources of essential fats; a high quality protein food and loaded with antioxidants; chia seeds are one of my favourite seeds.
Thinking ahead as the Swedish weather will soon start to darken, this is a great pick me up snack that will get you through the afternoon and a healthier alternative to those packaged snacks most of us having lurking around the office!
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 1 scoop raw protein powder of your choice (I like Amazing Meal but you can use any)
- 1/4 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic nut butter
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and in a crumbly, paste-type consistency.
- Scoop small spoonfuls and squeeze tightly in the palm of your hands then roll between the palms of your hands into a small ball shape.
- Serve plain, or roll in sesame seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds or chia seeds.
- Refrigerate and they will become firmer. Eat straight from fridge to maintain shape.